Last Update: 30.08.2019
How do we process Personal Data ?
Trimos SA is a Swiss company specialized in Dimensional Metrology.
Trimos SA processes your Personal Data in agreement with Data Privacy Laws according to existing laws in your country, according to principles of lawfulness, loyalty as well as transparency.
Any and all pronouns such as “Trimos”, “we”, “our”, “us” are referencing the body responsible of data processing, which is the one, generally speaking, who obtains your personal Data.
Personal Data: This term covers “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Sensitive Personal Data: This term covers a subset of data for which even greater care should be taken, such as “personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation”.
Processing Data: This term means any set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Data Subject: This term covers individuals that are identifiable or identified by the processed personal data.
Data Controller: The Data Controller decides how and why data is processed and ensures that legal obligations are met.
Data Processor: Anyone processing data on behalf of the Data Controller.
Third Party: A natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
What kind of data do we process?
We can obtain personal data via our online forms on both of our websites (www(dot)trimos(dot)com; www(dot)height-gauge(dot)com), our agents or external service providers. Personal data that Trimos process may include:
- Email address
- Company, activity, job title
Personal data may as well be shared with external service providers. All information regarding this can be found in the section called “Is your data shared with third parties?”
We also gather personal data via cookies.
Cookies are small text files stored in your computer. They allow us to offer you the best user experience possible and for us to understand how users browse our websites.
Some cookies are on your computer. You may delete and block cookies, however keep in mind that some of our website features may not work without them. By using our website, you agree to our cookies policies.
- Google Analytics
Trimos process personal data for:
- Business and marketing purposes;
- Analysis and reporting;
- Maintain and enhance the security of our products, services, network services, information resources and employees.
- Legal and regulatory compliance when required;
To process the data subject’s information for purposes not mentioned hereabove, Trimos will reach out to you and ask for your consent in due time.
- In order to ensure full compliance, the following rules need to be observed:
- All data subjects are requested to agree to the storing and processing of their personal data by Trimos.
- Explicit consent concerns ALL candidates whose file is stored in the database and/or who have been in contact with Trimos.
- Personal data is not to be communicated in any way, shape or form to any third party without the explicit consent of the data subject.
Personal data will be stored as long as it is useful for the data subject’s relationship with Trimos, unless specified otherwise. It will be destroyed upon request by the data subject. Destroying the personal data, both physical and electronic, is the responsibility of Trimos.
If necessary or useful to achieve the purposes, we reserve the right to disclose or make accessible the personal data to the following recipients:
- Third-party that process personal data on our behalf and/or to which we outsource certain tasks of ours (outsourcing);
- Third-party websites;
- External experts.
How much time will my data be used?
As a matter of principle, personal data is retained for as long as needed to achieve the business’ purposes. By the same token, we will delete or anonymise personal data (or equivalent) once they are no longer necessary to achieve the Purposes, subject however (i) to any applicable legal or regulatory requirements to store personal data for a longer period, or (ii) to establish, exercise and/or defend actual or potential legal claims, investigations or similar proceedings, including legal holds, which we may enforce to preserve relevant information
Where is my data stored?
Trimos stores your personal data in various locations and with different service providers. However, all your personal data is stored in Switzerland.
What are my rights?
You have the right, subject to applicable local data protection legislation, to:
- Request access to, and receive a copy of, the personal data we hold (‘Right to access’);
- If appropriate, request rectification or erasure of the personal data that are inaccurate (‘Right to rectification’);
- Request the erasure of the personal data, subject however to applicable retention periods (‘Right to be forgotten’)
- Request a restriction of Processing of personal data where the accuracy of the personal data is contested, the Processing is unlawful, or if the Data Subjects have objected to the Processing (‘Right to restriction of processing’);
- Object to the Processing of personal data, in which case we will no longer process the personal data (‘Right to object’);
- Receive the personal data in structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (‘Right to data portability’);
- Complain in relation to the Processing of personal data and, absent a satisfactory resolution of the matter, file a complaint in relation to the Processing of personal data with the relevant data protection supervisory authority.
Even if a Data Subject objects to the Processing of personal data, we are nevertheless allowed to continue the same if the Processing is (1) legally mandatory, (2) necessary for the performance of a contract to which the Data Subject is a party, (3) necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, or (4) necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests we follow, including the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. We will not, however, use the Data Subject’s personal data for direct marketing purposes if the Data Subject asks us not to do so.
Subject to the limitations set forth herein and/or in applicable local data protection laws, you can exercise the above rights free of charge by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Is my data safe?
Trimos provides administrative, technical and physical guarantee in accordance to legal requirements, every time personal data is used. These guarantees ensure protection against removal, loss, modifications, usage or illicit disclosure of personal information or unauthorized access to such data.
How can I contact Trimos ?
For any questions you may have in relation to this privacy notice or more generally the processing of your personal data, you may contact Trimos SA at privacy[at]trimos.com or write to the following address:
Company: Data protection Officer
Trimos SA Katalin Bede
5 Avenue de Longemalle 5 Avenue de Longemalle
1020 Renens 1020 Renens